Strawberries are not only yummy. They also have great health and beauty benefits. Strawberries are packed with antioxidants which help protect the body from numerous types of cancer and keep the immune system stronger.
The skin also gets tons of benefits from strawberries. Because of its antioxidants the skin is protected from damages. Strawberries also come naturally with Salicylic Acid which makes them great for people with acne-prone skin. They also have the ability to brighten skin since the acids in this fruit removes dead skin cells therefore revealing brighter and smoother skin.
With spring time already in full swing, strawberries will be all over farmer’s markets and grocery shelves. Instead of just buying strawberries for your smoothies and salads, why not have some for a facial mask?
It is very easy to make your own strawberry facial mask. The best thing about this mask is that you have full control of what goes into it. So you would be avoiding exposing your skin to harmful ingredients.
You would have to be extra cautious these days when buying commercially sold beauty products since many of them contain toxic ingredients. One sure way to avoid these toxic ingredients is by pulling off a Do-It-Yourself project.
Recipe for Strawberry Facial Mask
Here’s an easy recipe for a strawberry facial mask. This is perfect for those having bouts of acne problems and those who want to keep their skin feeling soft and smooth! Let’s start with the ingredients.
Gather up the following ingredients.
- Honey – You’ll need 2 tablespoons.
- Lemon Juice – Squeeze the juice out of 1 piece of small sized lemon.
- Yogurt – You will need a quarter cup of yogurt.
- Strawberries – You will need to mash a quarter cup of strawberries.
Now that you have all the ingredients you need for the strawberry facial mask, it is time we move on to learning how to make this natural skin care product.
- Step One – Place your mashed strawberries in a bowl and add in the lemon juice. Remember to stir in the juice well. The lemon juice adds to the exfoliating prowess of the strawberries. Lemon juice just like strawberries helps brighten the skin by getting rid of dead skin cells.
- Step Two – Now that you have your strawberries and lemon mixture, it is time to add in the honey. Honey comes with a potent natural moisturizing prowess plus anti-bacterial properties! Mix them well.
- Step Three – The next step is to mix in your yogurt. Stir the mixture well until you arrive at a smooth consistency. Yogurt adds to the antibacterial properties of your facial mask. Yogurt also comes with calcium which many believe triggers cell renewal. If you want your strawberry facial mask with a thicker consistency, you can put in a tablespoon of cornstarch.
This is definitely one powerful facial mask that is so easy to make!
Get ready for more DIY beauty products.
Keep asking your friends to like our Facebook page and we’ll keep posting more health and beauty tips!